Mumbai, Apr 4 (PTI) The legends of famous European football clubs, FC Barcelona and Juventus, are set to step on the field and entertain the crowd at the D Y Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai on April 27. Some of the legends of Juventus who are set to play in the match at the stadium that had hosted games in last years FIFA U17 World Cup are David Trezeguet, Edgar Davids, Paulo Montero, Ciro Ferrara, Fabrizio Ravanelli and Gianluca Zambrota. Andoni Golcoetxea, Frederik Dehu, M A Nadal, Frank de Boer, Juan Carlos Rodriguez and Jose Edmilson are some of the Barcelona legends who are in the first list of players released at a media conference here today. Trezeguet and Zambrotta were former World Cup winners with their countries France (1998) and Italy (2006). Zambrotta had also played in the ISL for Delhi Dynamos in 2016. Founder of Football Next Foundation which has arranged the game, Kaushik Moulik, said that it was just a preliminary list which can undergo some changes. “The legends are those who have played in World Cups, European championships or in over 200 matches. They are expected to arrive on April 24,” said Moulik who had earlier arranged top Bundesliga club Bayern Munichs trip to Kolkata in 2010. “We have plans with these teams to help in developing Indian football. Thats the whole idea,” he said. D Y Patil Sports Academys president, Dr Vijay Patil, said that the game would be a “great opportunity to showcase our country.” In a video message the president of the Mumbai District Football Association, Aditya Thackeray, said “Its a big day for Mumbai.” “The game will be telecast live by the two clubs on their own TV. There will be a huge audience to watch it,” said Moulik, adding that the cost of tickets for the public to watch the game at the stadium will be priced between Rs 500 and 1,500. PTI SSR NSKadvertisement
Anthony Martial has tipped Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to retain the managerial position at Manchester United on a permanent basis.The French midfielder revealed the entire squad is enjoying the reign of the Norwegian boss ahead of their clash with PSG.Martial scored a superb solo goal in United’s 3-0 win over Fulham on Saturday to enter the top four and further extend the unbeaten run under the 45-year-old to 11 games.French connexion ⚡️⚡️⚡️ pic.twitter.com/6q6N13MBFS— Anthony Martial (@AnthonyMartial) December 22, 2018“Well, obviously things are going really well at the moment. We’re really happy to have him here,” the France forward told a news conference ahead of Tuesday’s mouth-watering Champions League showdown against Paris Saint-Germain.“Sure, I hope we can continue with him. The final decision isn’t down to us but certainly, we’re happy he’s here at the moment.”“We’ve got a coach who’s got different intentions, a different approach,” Martial disclosed via FourFourTwo. “We’re trying to do what he wants us to do.“When our new coach came in he had a lot of confidence and a lot of determination. That’s really a boost to us.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“He had a lot of confidence in us and we’re trying to pay him back in kind.“He’s asking me to attack more, that’s my job after all – to make the difference, as it were, to be more decisive“Things are working out well for the other attackers as well. I hope we can continue to be as effective and efficient.”.@AnthonyMartial: “Obviously things are going really well at the moment so we’re happy to have him [Ole] here with us.” #MUFC pic.twitter.com/5pELklKcg0— Manchester United (@ManUtd) February 11, 2019However, Solskjaer feels that there is still room for improvement when it comes to Martial’s finishing.“He’s often said that to me and even previous managers have said that to me,” he added.“I think if I do manage to do that [and] get beyond the defence then I will score more goals.”
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has ordered Pearl Agrotech Corp Ltd (PACL) to refund ₹49,000 crore to the investors along with a three-month interest, and has also asked the company to stop raising money from them.This step is the biggest crackdown on a large scale unlawful scheme after the Saradha Scam and is over twice the size of Sahara’s illicit scam.PACL is said to have collected money from depositors and invested in agricultural land across the country. SEBI said that the total number of PACL investors would be 5.85 crore, and that it would file a complaint with the state government or local police to register a criminal case against PACL, reported Economic Times.”Total amount mobilised comes to a whooping (sic) Rs 49,100 crore. This figure could have been even more if PACL would have provided details of funds mobilised during April 1, 2012 to February 25, 2013. The collection of such huge funds suggests that PACL has many more customers than the stated 1.22 crore,” ET quoted SEBI’s statement.In February this year, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) registered a case against the promoter of PACL and its subsidiary firm PGF limited, after which the agency conducting an inquiry, as directed by the Supreme Court, into allegations of collection of huge deposits from the public, reported Business Standard.The company claimed to have paid a commission of ₹7893.8 crore up to March 2012. It said that the firm had 5.8 crore customers, which is more than twice the 2.2 crore demat accounts in India.”It is difficult to believe a person in Uttar Pradesh will purchase 100-150 yards of agricultural land 2,000 km away. The lack of maintenance of proper records/data is a clear indication the activities of PACL are in the nature of a Ponzi scheme,” the court said.According to Court’s order, not a single person has received land even after eight years. The company operated through a network of 250 associate companies to avoid state laws on land ownership.Timeline:Mar 4, 1998: SEBI writes to PACL about its schemesMar 23, 1998: PACL replies to the SEBI order, challenges its jurisdictionMay 26, 1999: Delhi High Court directs SEBI to appoint auditors for ascertaining the genuineness of PACL’s transactionsFeb 22, 2000: Report highlights deficienciesNov 16, 2000: Delhi High Court appoints K Swamidurai to verify transactionsJun 24, 2002: SEBI passes order, saying PACL schemes fall under CISNov 28, 2003: High court of judicature for Rajasthan, Jaipur, says PACL schemes not CISFeb 26, 2013: Supreme Court sets aside high court orderAug 22, 2014: SEBI passes order asking company to refund Rs 49,100 crore and asked to stop raising money from investors.