Liverpool star commits to England at international level

first_imgWinger Jordon Ibe has confirmed his commitment to England.The London-born 19-year-old is also eligible for Nigeria, but having progressed through youth teams to make his England Under-21 debut earlier this month he wants to continue that pathway.“It was my choice and it feels the right choice for me,” he told liverpoolfc.com.“I was born here and have played in the younger age groups. I want to take it up to the first team one day.”Ibe made his debut for the Reds in May 2013, but really broke into the first-team picture in February last season after an impressive loan spell at Derby County. 1 Jordon Ibe last_img read more

Read More

A better passer than Chelsea and Man City aces – surprised with FIFA 16 stats?

first_img 10 9. Francesco Totti: Roma – click the yellow arrow above, right, to see the Italian who edges Totti to ninth – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 10 10 2. Cesc Fabregas: Chelsea – click to see who the FIFA 16 pass master is… – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 10 4. Toni Kroos: Real Madrid – there is a Premier League player who is a better passer on FIFA 16, so click to see who it is – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 7. Daniel Parejo: Valencia – click the arrow above, right, to see which Barcelona player is a better passer on FIFA 16 – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 10 5. Xabi Alonso: Bayern Munich – Click the yellow arrow above, right, to see the midfielder who sits fourth in FIFA 16’s best passers – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 10 10 8. Antonio Cassano: Sampdoria – click the arrow above, right, to see more of the best passers on FIFA 16 – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 10 3. David Silva: Man City – Click the yellow arrow above, right, to see the best Premier League passer on FIFA 16 – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are Who is your favourite playmaker in football?Here, EA Sports have released the 10 best passers in FIFA 16 ahead of its release this week.REVEALED: BEST FREE-KICK TAKERS IN FIFA 16There is a host of big names, beginning with one of the best footballers on the planet, Lionel Messi who is also the best dribbler on the new game.There is also space for two Premier League players, so click the yellow arrow above, right, to see who they are.Check out more at easports.com 10 1. Andrea Pirlo: New York City – surprised? – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 6. Andres Iniesta: Barcelona – there is a fellow Spaniard who is a better passer on FIFA 16, so click the arrow above, right, to see – Click here to see who the best free-kick takers in FIFA 16 are 10. Lionel Messi: Barcelona – click the yellow arrow above, right, to see who else makes the list of best passers on FIFA 16 – EA Sports have released the 10 best passers in the new FIFA 16 game, beginning with Lionel Messi. Click to see which two Premier League players grace this star studded list. 10last_img read more

Read More

Northampton Town edge closer to financial safety after Kelvin Thomas buys controlling stake in club

first_img1 Kelvin Thomas has reached an agreement with Northampton chairman David Cardoza to buy the controlling stake in the club.Cardoza had last week cast doubt over a deal after admitting to talks with other parties but the League Two club announced on Monday evening that a deal with Thomas, the former Oxford chairman, had been brokered.Northampton currently face both an administration and winding-up petition but it is hoped the deal with be finalised before a court hearing on Friday.A statement released by the club said: “Chairman David Cardoza has reached an agreement to sell his controlling stake in Northampton Town Football Club to Kelvin Thomas.“The deal is subject to the legal paperwork being completed which is expected to happen well in advance of Friday’s administration hearing.“The club will be in a position to make a further announcement upon such completion.”Cardoza had come under increasing pressure to sell to Thomas, with the club’s non-playing staff not having been paid since the end of September.First-team manager Chris Wilder, who worked under Thomas at Oxford, used his post-match interviews at Notts County on Saturday to address the issue, insisting that Thomas’ offer was “100 per cent the best deal” for the club.The club owe Northampton Borough Council £10.25million and HM Revenue & Customs £166,000 in unpaid tax.On Friday, the administration petition will be heard and the winding-up petition is set for November 30.Despite all the recent off-field troubles, Wilder has guided Northampton up to third place in the table with a five-match unbeaten run in League Two which includes four victories. Northampton Town last_img read more

Read More

Manuel Lanzini to seal permanent West Ham switch for £7.4m, says Al-Jazira chief executive

first_img On-loan West Ham star Manuel Lanzini West Ham WILL buy on-loan Manuel Lanzini for just £7.4million, according to the chief executive of his parent club Al-Jazira.Lanzini has been one of the stars of Slaven Bilic’s new-look Hammers since arriving on a season-long loan from the UAE Pro League side in the summer.The 22-year-old has scored four Premier League goals in 13 appearances and talk has already turned to making his move permanent.And now Al-Jazira chief executive Ayed Mabkhout says he fully expects West Ham to shell out a fee of £7.4m to complete the deal.Mabkhout told the National: “If they decide before April 30 to buy Lanzini then they have to pay €10m.“If they pay it we will take it.“There have been no discussions with West Ham until now, but I think they’re going to do it.“His performance has been very good up to this moment and they need the player, but we have to wait for something official.” 1last_img read more

Read More

Europa League glory is Man United’s ONLY hope of securing Champions League spot

first_imgBecoming Europa League champions is Manchester United’s ONLY hope of securing Champions League football for next season, believes Damien Comolli.The Red Devils find themselves in Europe’s second tier competition once again after failing to make it out of the Champions League group stages earlier this season.Louis van Gaal’s side take on Danish team FC Midtjylland on Thursday evening in the first leg of their round of 32 clash – a game you can listen to LIVE on talkSPORT.Comolli, former director of football at Tottenham and Liverpool, believes a top four finish is out of the question for United and that they have to focus all their energy into winning the competition, or face another season of struggle on and off the pitch.“Man United definitely need to win the Europa League,” the Frenchman told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.“I can’t see them catching up [with the top four] and from a prestige point of view, they need to be in the Champions League to be able to attract players.“We’ve seen from the previous season that it was difficult for United to attract top players when they weren’t in the Champions League.“And there are big financial repercussions for the club as well.“They’ve simply got to give everything they have to try and win the Europa League to get into the Champions League next season.”last_img read more

Read More

FORMER ETIC MAN HITS OUT AT DIRECTOR CLAIM

first_imgA FORMER employee of Francois de Dietrich and Etic Solutions has hit out at claims he was a company director.David Kavanagh, based in Derry, said he had only every been an employee of Etic and left ‘several years ago’.Mr Kavanagh runs a successful PR business in the North West. FORMER ETIC MAN HITS OUT AT DIRECTOR CLAIM was last modified: April 3rd, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Read More

TASTE OF DONEGAL FOOD FESTIVAL SET TO EMBARK ON A NEW ERA

first_imgBUSINESS: Donegal Town Community Chamber and A Taste of Donegal Food Festival Committee have incorporated a Company with the sole purpose of hosting and managing the Food Festival. A Taste of Donegal Food Festival is a Company limited by guarantee, with no share capital and will continue to operate on a not for profit basis, having no Shareholders and unpaid Directors. As a Company limited by guarantee it will be subject to independent Audit and will hold an AGM.All monies raised will continue to be used to fund future Food Festival Projects.All of the Directors of the new Company will continue to give their time and efforts on a voluntary basis to bring the Festival from strength to strength into the future.The Festival has brought thousands of visitors to Donegal Town over the past eight years and this new Company will ensure that it continues to do so for many years to come. On behalf of A Taste of Donegal and Donegal Town Community Chamber Chairperson’s Ernan Mc Gettigan and Bernie Mulhern would like to thank, “All our Sponsors, Volunteers, and the Public for their commitment to this event and hope that you will continue to support our Festival in the future.With over FIFTY Exhibitor Stands already booked we are looking forward to a bigger and better event in 2016.TASTE OF DONEGAL FOOD FESTIVAL SET TO EMBARK ON A NEW ERA was last modified: November 5th, 2015 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:BusinessFeaturesnewslast_img read more

Read More

Jagielka reveals who he thinks is Hodgson’s first choice England defence

first_img1 Everton defender Phil Jagielka believes England boss Roy Hodgson has already settled on his Euro 2016 back four and it does not include himself or clubmate John Stones.The 33-year-old centre-back’s last international appearance was in the Euro 2016 qualifying victory over Lithuania in October.Shortly afterwards injury sidelined him for more than two months, meaning he missed England’s two friendlies against France and Spain.He has been recalled for the forthcoming games against Germany and Holland but accepts he has a fight on his hands to win back a starting place before this summer’s tournament.“We will find out more in these two games, if not the three before the finals,” said Jagielka.“You would have to ask Roy [but] it looks like you have probably got Nathaniel Clyne, Gaz (Gary Cahill), Chris (Smalling) and a left-back.“That is probably the starting back four with Joe (Hart) in goal.“Obviously John (Stones) is looking to get back in there as well but I’ve got to think I have a chance.“I am not going there to wash people’s boots and clean the kit. I am going there to try to get a game.“I am not sure where I stand exactly. Obviously I missed the last trip.“I will go there, keep my head down and see where it takes me.“It is a case of waiting to see what happens between now and the end of the season. There is some good competition for places.“A lot can happen between now and the tournament. It is important we put pressure on the people playing.” Jagielka believes there is no place for himself or his Everton teammate Stones last_img read more

Read More